Emergency Response Plan for Parents/Community
FHS has a comprehensive and detailed emergency response plan that is detailed to address all emergency scenarios including lockdowns, earthquake, fire, bomb threat, imminent danger and evacuation. We have regular practice for drills to ensure that all staff and students are trained. Some components of our plans are confidential to protect student safety. For parents and the community, please follow these procedures in an emergency situation that renders the school inaccessible:
1. In case of emergencies, please do not call the office or student cell phones as this could create additional danger on campus including hindering communication between school staff and emergency responders.
2. Do not drive to the school and attempt to contact your child or talk to staff in an emergency situation. The emergency call out system will be used to communicate with parents/guardians including action to take and the nature of the emergency.
2. As needed, Farmersville Police Department will establish a command center where parents can go to get information or make connect with their student. Please bring identification so that authorities can verify your identity.
3. If FHS has a situation where evacuating students is necessary, parents will be contacted on where to report to connect with their student. We have a process in place to address this situation and will ask parents to be patient as each and every student must be accounted for.
4. To report any threats or possible dangers, please call 594-4567.
5. If you are on campus during any emergency, you are required by law to cooperate with school officials and follow procedures as directed including Lock Downs, evacuations and fire danger.
6. At all times, parents can help by staying calm and allowing authorities to manage the crisis. We take student safety serious and appreciate your help in remaining as calm as possible during any crisis.
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Farmersville Police Department 747-0321
Farmersville Fire Department 747-0791
Farmersville Animal Control 747-0321
Tulare County Sheriff’s Department 733-6211
Tulare County Fire Department 734-7477
Superintendent of County Schools 730-6300
Kaweah Delta Hospital 625-2211
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) 1-800-743-5000
National Weather Service 584-3752
Poison Control 1-800-876-4766
Child Protective Services 1-800-331-1585
Domestic Violence Hotline 732-5941
Suicide Prevention of Tulare County 1-800-320-1616
Farmersville Unified School District 592-2010ALL OTHER EMERGENCIES 911